Brunel House compromises a 26 bedroom locked rehabilitation hospital for males with personality disorders with an additional 3 self contained flats designed to support patients preparing to discharge into the community. It was newly opened in 2016 to provide assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for men with acquired brain injury, autism and complex mental health needs.
Work undertaken in this construction project:
- Installation of new Quantec nurse call system including attack system.
- Installation of new door access units, with door entrance phones linked to nurses stations and air lock system to main entrance doors.
- Upgrade and reconfiguration of fire alarm system.
- Full CCTV installation including 16 external cameras.
- Installation of standalone emergency lighting system.
- Full reconfiguration and rewiring of all lighting.
- Full reconfiguration and rewiring of power supply.
- Electrical testing and commissioning.
- Installation of air conditioning.
- Installation of underfloor heating.
- Booster set installation and commissioning.
Boiler service and installation of radiators.
Installation of anti-ligature fittings in all bathrooms, including showers, high security wc and seats and high security basins.
Gas testing and installation of gas piping.
- Enabling works and site security.
- Sanitary fittings and drainage.
Removal and relaying of all carpet and vinyl floor covering.