Walnut Tree Lodge school is a specialist education facility for children and young people experiencing emotional, social and behavioural difficulties. It aims to provide therapeutic intervention in a natural environment for children to mix and learn with other children. This project included everything from the construction of this new building on a greenfield site, full electrical, plumbing and sewerage installlation to decoration and fixture fittings.
Work undertaken in this construction project:
- Construction on Greenfield site.
- Laying of the foundations.
- Building of the timber frames to form school, offices, kitchen, w.c.
- Design and installation of the plumbing & mechanical systems including air conditioning, bathrooms, kitchen and grey water recycling.
- Design and installion of all electrical including solar power, data install, lighting, mains power, fire alarms, intruder alarms, CCTV and access control.
- Laying of drainage to new sewerage treatment plant.
- Full internal fitout including suspended ceilings, windows, doors and frames.
- Laying of all floor coverings.
- Fitting of external canopies.
- Forming perimeter walkways and paths.
- Formation of car parks and creating road access.
- Surface drainage systems.
- Foul drainage system.
- Road widening works.
The construction of this care facility was managed by Eclipse, using sub-contractors for specialist electrical certifications.