Broughton Lodge is a specialist care home for young people with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. Situated in a Grade II listed building in Macclefield, this 20 bedroom, large scale refurbishment project required full modernisation of the interior and exterior to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment. All construction work was required to comply with Grade II listed building regulations.
Work undertaken in this construction project:
- Demolition of the internal structure to enable the reforming and modernisation of all facilities.
- Removal of rotten sliding sash timber windows and replacement with new windows that are sympathetic to the Grade II originals.
- Removal and replacement of external damaged or missing masonry to match Grade II original.
- Rebuild of all internal bedrooms to include wet rooms, new doors and frames.
- Replacement of all floor coverings.
- Replacement of all electrical points.
- Installation of a new sewerage treatment plant.
- Installation of security fencing.
- Removal of listed diseased or unstable trees.
- Formation of a Muga court (multi use general area).
- Formation of car parks.
The extensive renovation of this care facility was fully project managed from initial consultation through to completion by the team at Eclipse and all work was undertaken by our specialist divisions.